Monday, August 11, 2008

11 August 08 - Cobras and Scorpions

Today was basically my day off. Didn't do much, just designed a little logo for our team. We're all pretty big fans of GI Joe, so we decided to branch a bit off of that. So here's the new team "logo".















For those of you who are not familiar with GI Joe, the cobra design is from the bad guys on GI Joe. I added the M4's. The logo "Knowing is Half the Battle" is of course GI Joe's logo. It's a little crude and will take some reworking, but I think it looks pretty good.

I had a copy of Adobe Photoshop on my computer for over a year, but never really got around to figuring it out until the idea of a logo was suggested. I've been fighting with photoshop, but did managed to create this. Given more time, I think they'll improve.

Now for the scorpion. The other day one of the interpreters here found a scorpion.














He gave it to a guy who's know on the FOB as being the "Steve Irwin" around here. He played with the scorpion for a couple hours. We all reminded him what happened to the original Crocodile Hunter, so he relented and backed off a bit. (By the way, not unlike Steve Irwin, our man was actually stung by a scorpion a few weeks ago, and just like the Hunter, the sting and the resulting week in the hospital didn't even phase him.) I managed to tease the scorpion a bit. Here's a clip from my taunting him.



One suggestion, when videoing a scorpion, use the zoom to get close instead of just getting close. Otherwise, you'll find out like I did that an angry scorpion moves pretty quick.

Other than making logos and torturing scorpions, things are egoing pretty much the same as usual.

No comments: