Saturday, August 9, 2008

09 Aug 2008 - Crash!

So I was sitting in the office today when I heard screeching tires followed by a distinct BOOM!! I've heard screeching tires outside on the highway a lot, but I never heard the much anticipated crash afterwards. So I went outside just in time to catch a giant cloud of dust to the face.

Turns out that a truck tried to pass a car that was going too slow, hit a car in the oncoming traffic lane, and was slammed back into the right lane. The car that the truck was trying to pass had no time to react, so it slammed into the truck, literally climbing up on top of it. The two now-mated cars slammed into the HESCO barrier that separates our base and the highway just outside my office, creating the giant cloud of dust that I swallowed.

Nobody was seriously injured. There were some cuts and bruises and one guy may have had a broken foot, so we told them all to go to the nearest hospital and get checked out by a doctor. I took some pictures (I'll post them later) "for records' sake".

So that's the latest and greatest.

No comments: