Thursday, September 18, 2008

18 September 2008 - Thankful Thursday

So everybody these days seems to do this thankful Thursday thing. I've been hesitant to join the craze. However, I've noticed (and some of you have pointed out) that I've been venting a bit in my blog. So I figured that some expressions of gratitude couldn't hurt. Here goes:

  • My job: There are over 200 MOS's (jobs) in the military that I could have picked from when I joined. I'm incredibly grateful that at 17 years old, I at least possessed the intellect to choose mine. I've had incredible experiences and have done things that I'll never forget. Not every soldier is able to say that he likes what he does. I'm glad that I have that privilege. There's nothing better than seeing the results of your work.
  • Blackwater: These guys often get a bad wrap. Yes, some of them have done some stupid things, but so have members of every community/corporation. The ones that I've worked with have been incredible. Their professionalism, respect, and hard work have contributed greatly to this area.
  • Care packages: It's just great when you get a little reminder in the mail that your family and friends haven't forgotten you. (No, this is not a plea...but it wouldn't hurt)
That'll do it for this time. Wouldn't want to list everything that I'm thankful for all at once.

1 comment:

Connie said...

I am so glad you are doing the Thankful Thursday thing. It is so good to hear everyones commments and it helps us all to feel more connected since we are all so far apart. I am grateful for your MOS too and so pround of you for serving our country. You are incredible and I love and pray for you always. Love MOM