Monday, September 15, 2008

15 September 08 - Control Freaks

Everybody, I'm sure, knows a control freak; they're everywhere. The army is no exception. In fact, if I dare say so, the army has more. It breeds control freaks.

Here's my tribute to the three major control freaks that I most recently encountered:

To the cook who won't let me eat dinner until exactly 5:00 - The foods sitting out in self-serve bins, silly! You'll do less work by letting me serve myself some food than by standing there trying to act like your important enough to tell me I can't eat yet.

To the man who refuses to pass on my request for air support for soldiers taking fire because my request has spelling errors in it - Get your act priorities together man! Your obsession over having absolute control over every report that goes up could cost people their lives.

To the man who won't let me step outside the base gate to help people who just got in a car wreck - They're hurt and they need my help...yours too. Don't try to interdict and stop me from doing my job and my responsibility as a human being just because your afraid of the boogie man.


Sorry about venting. I'm just getting tired of people trying absurdly hard to exert control over me when they have no logical reason to do it.

No comments: