Wednesday, October 29, 2008

29 October 08 - Promotions and Awards

Today I got a promotion and an award. The award was actually "awarded" about a month ago, but it just took a while for the certificate to find me. It was for my "tenacious decisiveness" that "led to the capture" of a high value target. Really it was for being in the right place at the right time. It's strange that I see other things that I have done as more deserving of recognition and see that particular moment as mere coincidence. Honestly, I see others who have done much more than me who go completely unrecognized. Strange. I guess that's how life is sometimes. We work hard and nobody notices. Yet when we get lucky everybody seems to notice. Unfortunately, oftentimes the attention lucky people get isn't always positive.

I was also promoted. Well, the promotion was offered to me. I declined. Just kidding. Of course I accepted. I'll get a bit more pay and a lot more responsibility - that's how it works, right?

All in all I'd say today was a very benificial day toward the career that I have vowed to end when I get home.

3 comments:

sevenpennys said...

Congratulations Hunny! You deserve it. I'm glad that you got promoted even though you won't be in it too much longer. :) You can succeed and excel at whatever you put your mind to!

I love you!!!

Callie Hansen said...

What are you promoted to?

Connie said...

Congrats, Riley. You are awesome. Love, MOM