Wednesday, October 15, 2008

15 October 08 - Whiny Wednesday

I've been trying to be really positive in my blogs lately, but I feel like I could use a little venting. So, without further ado, I give you WHY-NY WEDNESDAY:

  • WHY do things always get really really busy as soon as you're put in charge? I've been second in command of my unit for some time. The man in charge just went home on leave, so I'm in charge now. It seems that as soon as he left, things got crazy. I've been incredibly busy for the last few days and I'm not sure what's so different. Some of the absolute strangest things have been happening. I wish I could give examples, but if I told you I'd have to kill you.
  • WHY do people who are supposed to "support" you always back out when it's convenient for them? My three man team got stuck pulling guard duty for a detainee for 20 hours while the hundred man unit that is supposed to provide "needed support" said they were too busy to help. Now I understand that they have obligations, but when I've had four hours of sleep in two days and am still pulling guard duty while I can see a dozen guys with nothing to do sitting around a fire thirty feet from me smoking and joking, I get kind of aggravated. It took me another day and a half to catch up on all the work that I missed while I was pulling guard. Hopefully tonight I can catch up on the missed sleep.
  • WHY do people who have no idea what they're talking about insist that you're doing your job wrong? I'm the expert in my field, not you. Let me do my job. I don't tell the cook how to make spaghetti, why should he tell me how to run my operations?
Please, don't get me wrong. I love my job and feel a lot of gratification from it. I just have a limited audience to vent to here, so I'll vent into cyberspace.

No comments: