Wednesday, December 31, 2008

31 December 08 - New Beginnings

So I'm ending this year in a pretty unique way. I'm sitting in a little sandbox called Kuwait. It's not exactly the most appealing place to spend new years eve, but being here has great implications.....I'M DONE!!!!

That's right. I'm on my way back to the states. I've left Afghanistan for what I hope to be the last time. I still have a few weeks at Ft. Lewis before I'll actually go home, but I'm one step closer.

I've had an interesting year, and will probably have an even more interesting year to come. I have a wife to get reacquainted with, a baby girl to meet and raise, a career to find, and a million other things. It'll be just as challenging as the last year was (and even more rewarding).

4 comments:

Rod said...

Yea!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm so glad this deployment is nearly over with and that you'll soon be home with Nikki.
love Dad

Connie said...

We are so grateful that you will be near. The new year is going to be a great one for all of us. Can't wait to see you. Love, MOM

Callie Hansen said...

Wahoo!!! That's all I have to say.

Mandi said...

I second the Wahoo!! Wish I could be at home to see you when you do get there. Love you, bro!