Friday, June 27, 2008

27 June 08 - Baby

Well guess what. Nikki's pregnant again. She's been pregnant for about 11 weeks now, and all is going well. We were quite worried for the first few weeks, especially the week 8 area. That's when we lost the other 2 pregnancies. Now that we've passed the 8 week mark, we're getting really excited.


Nikki went to the doctor yesterday and had an ultrasound today. Everything's perfectly normal. The baby's 35.6 mm long and has a heart rate of 161. It looks like a little golf-ball size alien. Everybody thinks it's a girl, but I'm kind of hoping for a boy. Honestly, though, I just want a baby with no more problems. I'll take what I can get.

This evenings quite an interesting one. There's a lightning storm in the mountains near us. It's pretty crazy because the sky's constantly lit up. It might work its way over to where I'm staying.

As far as the war is concerned, things are pretty calm in my region. Honestly, our base has only been attacked once by mortars (and they were way inaccurate) and that's it. I haven't fired a shot (and I'd like to keep it that way).

2 comments:

Connie said...

Yeah. I'm glad you are announcing the baby. It's been kind of hard to keep it a secret. You have an adorable alien. I'm sure it will grow into a darling girl. I'm glad you are not having to shoot anyone. Love, MOM

Anonymous said...

Yeah!! He speaks!! We've been wondering when we would hear from you again. Congratulations on the baby. We're excited to finally be able to talk about it with everyone. We love you and miss you and can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks!!
Love, Cami